Frequently Asked Questions

What legal services do you provide?

Our federal administrative law attorneys provide assistance with complex applications for licenses, permits and clearances, handle adverse event disclosures on applications, defend clients against penalties such as citations, fines, sanctions, debarment, exclusion, suspension and revocation, act as intermediaries in negotiations and compliance issues, provide legal research and legal opinions, and represent clients in all forms of appeals from adverse decisions.  We are able to represent clients anywhere in the nation and even located overseas who have federal administrative law matters (in compliance with applicable laws).  Our attorneys are licensed in California, and in addition to federal administrative matters, we also represent clients before California state licensing agencies.

When do I need a federal administrative law attorney?

If you receive a notice of any proposed or pending administrative action from a federal government agency, or have to make difficult disclosures on an application to the federal government, you probably need legal assistance. You might receive a letter that is called a “notice of intent,” “notice of proposed…,” or “order to show cause.”  Federal administrative law matters can range from a simple letter of explanation to a multi-day formal hearing which is identical to a court trial.  When we are contacted at the earliest stages of a problem, a solution is often more easily and more economically reached.

How will I be charged legal fees for my federal administrative law matter?

Most cases are handled on an hourly fee.  The amount of fees depends upon the complexity of the legal matter.  Usually a client will be asked to deposit an initial amount and then will be billed on a monthly basis.  Depending on the matter, it may be possible to give an educated guess as to the likely total cost of defense, however, cases vary greatly, so it is impossible to precisely predict a total fee or outcome.  In select cases the attorney may be willing to set a fixed fee for the case.

How can I pay for my legal fees?

We accept all forms of payment that are accepted at any major service firm, including most credit cards, debit cards, cash or check. If you have license defense coverage on your business or professional insurance policy and your carrier extends coverage to your matter, we may be able to directly bill your insurance company for your legal fees, or at the end of the case we may be able to help you with the claims forms to seek reimbursement from the insurance company for the fees you have paid us.

Can any lawyer competently represent me in a federal administrative law matter?

No. All lawyers are licensed, but very few possess the knowledge and experience to handle federal administrative law cases. An attorney who does not do administrative hearings or appeals of adverse decisions on a daily basis may not have the confidence, ability or insight to deliver the best results possible.

I'm interested. What's my next step?

Fill out the contact form to the right or call our offices at (949) 557-4888, to request a confidential consultation with a federal administrative law attorney.  If you submit a contact form, we will email you or call you during business hours (depending upon the contact information provided) to schedule a telephone consultation with an attorney.  If you call our offices, our staff will take your information over the phone and set you up with a telephone consultation with an attorney.  Also we prefer that you fax or email us any document or documents that prompted your search for an attorney to help us better evaluate your legal matter.

Contact Us


**Attorneys are only licensed to practice law in California. Attorneys’ offices are only located in California. However, pursuant to United States Code of Federal Regulations 8 C.F.R. § 1.2 and United States Code 5 U.S.C. § 500, Attorneys may practice Federal Administrative Law and represent an individual located outside of California within the parameters of Federal Administrative Law. Attorneys will NOT advise clients on the laws of any State or any State law legal matters (with the exception of California).  The information on this website is for general information purposes only.  Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.  This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.  Legal advertisement.**